Sunday, October 12, 2014

Low Carb Cheesy Chili-dog Pie (S)

This post has been moved to my new blog home:





I don't know which says "fall" the most?  Chili dogs cooked over an open fire with all the fixin's or a nice chili pie baked till the fritos get moist and hot and cheesy and the smell coming out of the oven is ......well, it's just like it was back home in my mom's kitchen.   Maybe that's why this dish satisfied more than just my hunger pangs, it just sort of touched my soul somehow.  I hope you like it and bake it in your home with lot's of love!





11 comments:

  1. This looks yummy! I have to have the chili recipe too though...do you have a link for that? THANKS!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes the link for the chili is http://turtlehull.blogspot.com/2014/10/real-texas-chili_13.html?spref=pi and if you'd like to pin it here is the link for that as well http://www.pinterest.com/pin/514395588663056967/ . This is not a quick/fix chili, it's of the slow simmered chili stew variety, hope you enjoy it. Thanks for stopping by.

      Delete
  2. Is there a way to print out your recipes?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Tia, do you mean a printer friendly version of the recipe? No, for some reason that never occurred to me to check into. I will now though! For now would it be possible for you just to select the part that you want to print and print it that way? If not let me know and I'll send it to you. via e-mail and try to get a printer friendly gadget installed. Thanks for writing and letting me know. nanaslilkitchen@gmail.com

      Delete
  3. I highlighted just the recipe, right clicked, clicked print and printed it out. hope this helps

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for posting and yes that will let you print the recipe and I will try to get a print function added to this blog soon! :-)

      Delete
  4. So confused. When i see this recipe on pintrest, it shows a completely different recipe underneath the pic as: Nana's little kitchen modification. It contains way more eggs, coconut flour, etc.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for letting me know about this Susie! I have never seen that particular pin before so it was made by a pinner and those are her modifications not mine. I'll take a closer look at it and see if I can get that clarified. Thanks again and I hope you enjoyed the recipe

      Delete
  5. so this is an S meal?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't think Teresia saw your comment, but yes - it's an S! Yummy looking!

      Delete
  6. How is the texture with the psyllium powder? I used the oat fiber. I find it a little grainy. Otherwise, my husband liked it and says he will eat more of it.
    Thank-you, Jennifer F.
    (p.s, I am only marking this as anonymous, because I can't seem to do it any other way}

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.