Wednesday, April 30, 2014

Makin' Lattes in the MiniProcessor

Why the MiniProcessor?  Because it is easy and convenient, cleans up fast, and I like the simplicity of using one machine for almost everything I do in the kitchen now.  I can focus on the dishes that need my full attention due to the THM learning curve that I still occasionally run into, rather than having to think twice about equipment.  Liquids that contain no ingredients to make them more dense have been my biggest challenge.  So I thought I would tackle that problem first; here's how it works:

The hand belongs to my husband, 'Peaches' (nicknamed by the grand baby) patiently waiting for his morning cup.  He says he used to be just a "social" coffee drinker but he is "hooked" on these.  I top his with just a touch of whipped cream which usually make in the processor before making the coffee.  This is an older post but now days I drizzle one of the flavored syrups over the top as well.

The recipe makes two cups:


I first grind and brew strong organic coffee.  I use Kroger brand whole bean Simple Truth organic.  It is $6.99 for 12 oz.  and is so mild tasting that the strength of it sort of sneaks up on you.  I really like it!

To make two cups I put into the processor:

1 tblsp. unsalted grassfed butter
2 tsp. mct oil
1 tsp. truvia *update-(start with 1 and go up to 2 if needed because the new yummy THM protein powder seems make this drink naturally sweeter)
1 heaping (+) tsp of PLAIN whey powder (THM has a new one for a good price they no longer recommend Swanson's)

To this mixture I add 1/2 cup of hot coffee into the processor, do not add more as it will overflow if you do,  but it fluffs up nicely to make a cup when it is blended.  I cover the top loosely with a
cup towel, put my hand on top of the appliance and gently press CHOP and hold it for 20 seconds.  **DO NOT press grind...just take my word for it.
The processor will emulsify the mixture and I divide it between our two cups and add enough hot coffee to fill the cups.

This works perfectly for me; the clean up is quick and I'm not strong arming my blender out of the cabinet at 5 - 6 a.m. or whenever the boss decides it is time to get to work!

(See the previous post on a few of the uses I've found for the mini-prep Cuisinart food processor)..I bought  mine for $30.00 last year at Belk's Department Store because I had a gift certificate.  But you might can find them at garage sales or online for a LOT cheaper and they are really some powerful little machines for their size.

Clean Up 
I just rinse out the processing bowl, lid and blade...fill the bowl about 1/2 full with warm soapy water, put a cup towel over the top and press chop for a while and then grind.  A little liquid will overflow but I use that to wipe down the exterior and cabinet underneath.   Rinse and dry it off and reassemble...ready for the next THM cooking adventure!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.