Wednesday, April 23, 2014

YouTube Series to Inspire and Encourage THM

"My doctor says that my heart is not strong enough and it is just going to stop if I don't lose weight and I've tried everything...what's that diet you've been on anyway?"    "I just don't feel like going anywhere or doing anything anymore and I look awful in all my clothes...I just never lose weight no matter what I do..."   "My doctor says that I can probably get off my blood pressure medicine if I just lose 20 pounds, can you help me get started on this diet you're on?"  "My husband says he is going to be embarrassed to be seen with me if I gain anymore weight...I feel so ashamed and despised..."  " I can't get pregnant and the doctor says that my hormones levels and blood sugar are all messed up and it would be a lot easier to get this problem under control if I would just lose weight, but I guess I don't have a metabolism anymore and nothing seems to work.."  "I've been counting calories for years and I'm tired of not getting to eat good food, plus my daughter is only in her 20's and she is 100 pounds overweight..I want to help her but she just isn't going to deprive herself the way she's always seen me do..."  "I know I should eat better but I just crave sweet drinks all day so every time I want to eat or drink something sweet I just give myself another shot..I'm up to 6 shots of insulin per day."

These are a few of the comments that have been made directly to me in just the last few weeks; or for the sake of space here I have derived them from conversations that I have had lately.  They were made by some of the dearest people on earth to me and as I write these words my heart is so heavy...why didn't I notice these things before?  I knew a lot was wrong with them, it just never came together for me before now...I just thought I had individual friends and loved ones with individual problems that they would just have to live with for the rest of their lives and, sadly, I knew that some of their lives would not be long and fulfilling because of their illnesses.

Jesus once told his disciples "I have yet many things to say unto you, but ye cannot bear them now."  Maybe that verse applied to me too, because I think if I'd  realized the seriousness of their situations before and known that there was nothing i could do, maybe I couldn't have born it.  

As I look at all these comments in one paragraph now though, I don't see them totally as individual problems anymore.  I see them as many symptoms with one underlying problem and this particular problem has a solution.   As they say; the journey of a 1000 miles begins with a single step.  Most of the people making these comments have read or will read this blog.  Of course the beauty of this ugly problem, once it is dealt with, is that these people will be able to help many, many, others as they get stronger.  I think the bible calls it "beauty for ashes".

So here's the plan:

Get motivated to solve this problem in the same way that you would eat an elephant, "1 bite at a time!"  I am not usually a "youtube" sort of person but I stumbled across a few good ones where these sweet Christian ladies are detailing how and why they got started on the THM plan and how they are making it work for them.  The first lady I'm featuring today is definitely going to help us "keep it real" because she is making this plan work on a tight schedule and even gives budget stretching ideas.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QJSpt_rcbwM



Updated Tips and Tricks for Trim Healthy Mama




I hope that you enjoy these as much as I have!  Please LIKE and PIN and pass these along however you can if they were helpful, I would LOVE to see this Trim Healthy Lifestyle get a foothold in a broader community of people and I am praying and working toward that end.



Be inspired because there are so many people out there now who are getting empowered, that are no longer slaves to food.  Yuk! What a way to live...I hated it and I wasn't in near as bad a shape as some I know.  As one of my sweet relatives who has since passed away from overeating once said "I don't eat to live, I live to eat".  Hey I understand, but now you can still enjoy food EVERY BIT as much as you ever did (unless you have some really bad problems that you have to deal with first through a special diet, but that won't last forever as you heal you can add more good food).   The time has come to deal with this problem and I believe that God himself has given us the tools we need to live more abundant lives through people like these dear trim healthy mamas, Pearl and Serene, who put this diet business on a lower shelf for those of us who could not figure it out for ourselves.



Tell me how I can best help you.  For me the key to my diet failures was also the key to my diet success sweet drinks...I have just always craved them with meals and these sugary sweets were combining with the fat nutrients in the meals to keep me steadily gaining weight whether I overate or not!!!  My problem was that when I started the diet I still craved them so badly that I don't know if I could have stuck it out without finding a substitute (thank you Miss Gwen).  One friend of mine, on the other hand,  kept saying she was going to go on the diet week after week but it wasn't until I started making the kind of coffee drinks that she was so attached to at Starbucks and then showed her how to make them herself, that she got the "unction to function".  Now she is at least moving in that direction steadily, and though she faces some other challenges, she knows that this is "doable".   What is your biggest obstacle?  



Don't stop asking questions even if you do feel silly because you don't understand.  Sooner or later it will all come together for you and you will be in an even better shape than ever to answer the questions of others because you know what it is like to struggle on this journey.


1 comment:

  1. I'm sorry it took me so long to comment! I so appreciate you featuring my video and am so grateful to be in a position to help others! Thank you again!

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.