Saturday, October 4, 2014

Teriyaki Sauce

This is a sauce that I've used for many year and it's really good for kabobs or boneless, skinless chicken breast.  I've had to only do a small amount of tweaking to make it THM friendly.




1/2 cup soy sauce
1/4 cup oil (refined-tasteless coconut oil or mct oil will do)
1- 2 tablespoon Gwen's sugar free brown sugar -sweeten to taste
       (make this by the cup by mixing 1 cup erythritol and 3/4 teaspoon molasses                  (preferred blackstrap))  http://www.gwens-nest.com/family-favorite-recipes/sugar-free-brown-sugar-recipe/
2 teaspoons ground ginger
2 teaspoons dry mustard
6 cloves garlic, minced
My original recipe used regular soy sauce which was not as strong as tamari and certainly not as strong as Braggs aminos.  This is not a slow marinade so 15 minutes is all I have ever let it sit on the meat.  If you wanted to go a little longer then just water it down some to make it a little weaker.  Prepare yourself because the smell is divine!  This batch will season 2 pounds of boneless skinless chicken breasts or 2 pounds of beef kabobs.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.