1 pound of ground turkey
(I get a great tasting organic for $3.99 per pound from Kroger)
1 1/2 teaspoons Gwen's brown sugar sub http://www.gwens-nest.com/sugar-free-brown-sugar-recipe/ Very handy recipe to make and keep around!!
1 cup sugar free sweetener of your choice, like erythritol or xylito
¾ t. molasses, blackstrap is preferred*
1 1/4 teaspoon celtic sea salt
1 teaspoon black pepper
3/4 teaspoon ground thyme (I used the flakes)
1/4 teaspoon dried marjoram
3/4 teaspoon ground sage (optional) - we have some epilepsy in our extended family and sage can trigger attacks so I just leave it out, but I'm sure it would be good in here and make it "sausage-ier".
1/2 teaspoon dried pepper flakes (could sub the ground kind but might be hotter)
This is a mild sausage so zip it up with your favorite spices or add more of these. Makes about 6 biscuit sized patties.

No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.