Tuesday, April 28, 2015

Enchilada Gravy

This recipe has been moved and updated on my new blog. 







I have made enchilada gravy for years, and to be honest, although I know there are some fine enchilada recipes that are THM friendly and look great, I just haven't eaten any beef enchiladas since starting this diet.  The reason is that none that I have discovered, have used the chili gravy that I love. This is probably because corn flour is traditionally involved in the making of  good enchilada gravy and corn flour is a major no-no on a carb restricted diet like ours.   Then I discovered how  to make real cream gravy after reading the gravy recipe from this wonderful low carb cook  by replacing the regular flour with coconut flour!  From there it was just a short hop to figuring out that I could convert my beloved enchilada gravy recipe, and so here it is, Yay!  I'm so happy about this!  I made it for my husband last night and he declared it to be as good as my old recipe and better than the restaurants!  Wow, that's high praise from my guy that was born and raised in Houston's East End!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.