Friday, November 7, 2014

Salted Caramel Mocha Coffee

Caramel Syrup
1 cup hot water (don't boil)
4 tablespoons truvia or 2-3 tablespoons Sweet Blend
Whisk in well, then add:
1/8-1/4 teaspoon xanthan gum  **If you don't have xanthan just leave it out.  It is a binder that I add to most of the syrups to stabilize them so they can be more convenient to pull out of the fridge when I want.
Whisk the xanthan gum in very well.
Then add
1 pinch of celtic mineral salt for the salted caramel flavor
1 tsp caramel flavoring (I used Watkins brand from Walmart)
1/2 tsp vanilla extract
This is caramel syrup.  Whisk this mixture altogether.
Remove 1/2 of this caramel syrup mixture and set aside.

Caramel Mocha Syrup
1/2 cup of the caramel syrup
1 tablespoon cocoa powder.
Whisk very well!
This is your caramel mocha syrup.
Add 1/4 cup of this syrup for every 8-10 oz of coffee
1 tablespoon cream  (not half and half) for every 8-10 oz of coffee

Buttered Caramel Syrup for Topping (optional) -you can just top the coffee with  the caramel syrup plain but browned butter is better ;-).

2 tablespoons butter, unsalted (if you use salted  butter don't add any more salt)
Melt butter in a small saucepan until it is golden brown (I use a little skillet for this).   Watch it and don't let it burn (different flavor!)
Add the brown butter to:
1/4 cup of the remaining caramel syrup
1 dash of salt
Top with whipped cream and drizzle with the Buttered Caramel Syrup.

* This is also good with a teaspoon of THM whey powder whipped in along.
*Sweetener options here: *Sweetener Options:
4 tablespoons truvia will replace the erythritol and sweet blend combination
OR 4 tablespoons erythritol  and
1/4 teaspoons stevia (I used THM stevia but KAL will work if you are out of THM)
Use what ya got! (as long as it is on plan!)










6 comments:

  1. Can you add a pinterest button to this post? I'd like to pin it....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Okay I put it right under the picture...also at the bottom of each post there is a small cluster of buttons. I'm not sure why they are so small and I can't enlarge them, but they are there so you can pin any of my posts that way too. Thanks for stopping by and leave feedback anytime.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am hoping to try this for Christmas to share with my mother....love your blog recipes so much...thank you:)
    I am having trouble finding the chai concentrate directions here....I did see the ingredients listed on your fb page.....can you point me in the right direction?
    Thanks so much,
    Angie

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks so much for the heads up on that Angie. For some reason my search bar is not indexing that recipe correctly. It works on everything else so I will look into that soon. I'm pasting the link to go directly there but since I'm entering it from here you may have to copy and paste. Thanks again and I am so glad to hear that you are enjoying the recipes, that really makes my day!
    http://turtlehull.blogspot.com/2014/10/chai-tea-syrup-concentrate-for-easy.html?spref=pi

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Got it - thanks again:) Will most likely try your spinach dip out this Christmas as well. What do you like for dippers?
      Angie

      Delete
    2. Well Wasa crackers will work, but the problem is that this Spinach Dip is hard to stop eating! I like the Joseph's Lavash bread because when I oven crisp 1/2 of one of those I am always satisfied with the amount I get to eat. Load those things up with that dip though I'm serious, it is addictive! And if you have any left over the next day heat it up and try it on a low carb tortilla with bacon...it is so good!.

      Delete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.